How to claim
But let's hope you won't ever need to
First and foremost... If you have an accident and you are covered by the king's comprehensive car insurance
It is vital that you phone the King Price Insurance emergency assist line (as soon as possible after the
accident, before the car is towed and when you are medically able to do so). The emergency assistant
will arrange and authorise the towing of your car.
Please note: You will be personally responsible for the cost of the towing and storage if you do not
comply with this.
So, save the number on your phone now, 0860 50 50 50.
In the event of a claim, you need to please
The sooner you notify us, the quicker we can help you. And you do need to take note of these important
- Report your claim or any incident that may lead to a claim to us as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days, after any incident.
- This includes incidents for which you do not want to claim right away, but which may result in a claim
in the future.
- Report an accident, theft or hi-jack within 24 hours.
- Give us all documentation relating to your claim as soon as possible.
Tell the police
- If you have been involved in a car accident, you must report it to the police within 24 hours, even if
there is no damage to your car.
- If you have suffered a theft, hi-jacking, burglary or any crime related event, you must tell the police of
this as soon as possible, but no later than 24 hours after becoming aware of the event.
Do the paperwork
You need to provide us with a copy of:
- The police report.
- The police case number.
- Your statement to the police.
- Details of the police station and attending officer.
- A detailed list of all items lost, stolen or damaged.
- Any other relevant documentation.
- Details of any third party involved in the incident, if applicable.
Check and let us know
- If there is any other insurance policy which covers the same insured event.
Keep us updated
You need to tell us immediately if:
- You become aware of any possible prosecution, legal proceedings or claim that could be lodged
against you as a result of the incident for which you already claimed for.
- Any other relevant or new information has in the meantime come to light regarding the insured event
that you claimed for, even if this information only surfaces after you have submitted the claim, or if the
claim has already been finalised.
Wait for us to help you
Never permit any replacement or repairs that have not yet been authorised by us. Get our written
approval first before disposing of any damaged property, or repairing or replacing any losses you may
have suffered. Failure to do so may lead to your claim being rejected.
Help us to help you
You need to act on or take note of the following:
- Paying all the excess amounts plus any additional excess amounts that you have to contribute for each
claim, if relevant and as shown on your policy schedule.
- The excess amount that you have to pay will consist of:
- The basic excess amount that applies to each specific insured event/item, plus;
- Any additional excess amounts that may be applicable for certain of the insured
events or circumstances, the details of both which are shown on your policy schedule.
- Excess payments are also payable in circumstances where you did not cause the accident.
- Assisting us where possible in any recovery action against any third party responsible for the loss or
damage. We will reimburse you for any reasonable extra expenses that were incurred for this purpose.
- Complying with our instructions and requests as and when we need your assistance.
Get it done
- Any repairs or replacements must be completed within 3 months of your claim being settled.
Let us take care of the difficult part
- Never admit guilt or offer a settlement to any other party involved in an incident in which you are
involved. We will not be bound by any such admission or offer that you make.
Click to download an accident form