There seems to be a perception that insurers don’t like paying out their clients for their claims…. Well I can’t speak for the other guys, but every single day King Price pays out R1 million in claims!
To make sure that your claim is settled quickly and simply, we need you to follow a few simple rules, and to be 100% honest and up front with us. We need you to help us, help you…. Remember, incorrect details = incorrect cover.
- Tell us and the police what’s happened. Now while we hate to hear that you’ve been in a car accident, or have been robbed, (because we hate it when anything bad happens to our King Price family members), you do need to tell us EXACTLY what has happened as soon as you possibly can during your claim…. But first, you need to tell the police what’s happened and get a case number from them…. Remember honesty is always the best policy.
- Make sure you have all the information. Keep a copy of our handy accident form on hand, so that you can get all of your facts straight before you report a car accident. It’s common for people to feel shocked and shaky after a car accident, so filling in the form can also help you focus and remain calm. The form will help you get all the info you need together to make a claim.
When you call to make a claim, you will also need to make sure we get a copy of:
- The police report
- The police case number
- Your statement to the police
- Details of the police station and attending officer
- A detailed list of all items lost, stolen or damaged
- Any other relevant documentation
- Details of any third party involved in the incident (third parties being human drivers, not sneaky poles that attack your bumper in a parking lot)
3. Let us know if your car, or the insured stuff you are claiming for, is insured by another company. We’ll try not to be jealous… But we do need to know this for legal reasons.
4. Pay your excess. Your excess is the amount that’s payable by you on any claim. This, and any additional excess amounts, will be on your policy schedule, and will be something you agreed to back when we first started insuring you.
5. Get it done. We need you to follow our easy instructions, so we can get all of your repairs and replacements done within 3 months of your claim…. We know you’re also eager to get your car fixed and your stuff replaced, so we promise it is our number one priority.
6. Plan ahead…
When you opt to add car hire to your King Price insurance policy, we’ll sort you out with a courtesy car while your own wheels are being repaired or replaced. Having an extra car means you don’t have to get up at 04:00 in the morning to catch the bus, or ask your weird Uncle Paul (the one who smells like old socks and boiled cabbage) for a lift…. which is why we think it’s a good idea to pay a little more each month for this optional extra.
You should also save the king’s emergency assist to your phone now: 0860 55 55 23. Call us to handle all of your medical, roadside, and towing emergencies.
And that’s it – just remember, don’t agree to any kind of settlement or make any financial promises to any third parties involved until you speak to us…. The king’s got your back and will make sure your claim is handled correctly.
To make a claim, call us on 0860 50 50 50, or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll call you.
If you’d like to see what it’s like to be on the receiving side of our super cheap premiums and royal service, Click Here for an obligation free quote.