What to do if you have a car accident
None of us likes the idea of being in a car accident- in fact, if you’re planning on driving your car into someone else’s car, it sort of stops being an accident, and starts being a case of vehicular assault…. Which is unlikely to be covered by any insurance company, but is quite likely to be of great interest to the police and YouTube.
But back to your car accident…. The most important thing- and also the most difficult thing- to do is to try and stay calm.
If it’s a really bad one…
As soon as you have stopped the car, take stock of the situation and immediately check if anyone in your car, or in the other person’s car, has been injured. If any drivers, passengers or pedestrians have been injured, do not move them! Unless they are in danger of being further injured, it’s best to rather wait for the paramedics to arrive, as moving someone who has been injured could worsen their condition.
If you are insured with King Price, you can call the king’s emergency assist line to provide you with 24/7 emergency assistance, including a tow truck and transportation to the nearest hospital.
Save the king’s emergency assist number into your phone now for when you need it:
0860 55 55 23
And if it’s not so bad…
Even when an accident is not that bad, it’s still not great…. There’s a lot for you to remember, at a time when you’re probably feeling quite shaken. So here’s a quick list of things you can do to make things simpler if you ever do find yourself in a fender bender:
- Do not let anyone other than the King Price approved towing service tow your car. If you do, you will be personally responsible for paying for towing and storage (which can rack up to thousands of Rands)
- Print out the handy King Price accident form and keep it in your cubby hole. Fill it in as soon as you can, so you can have all the necessary info ready for us and the police.
- Report the accident to the police within 24 hours and get a case number for your claim.
- Do not admit guilt or offer any kind of settlement, let us rather take care of this for you.
- Call King Price as soon as possible on 0860 50 50 50 to lodge your claim. Please be as honest about all of the details as possible- if you leave anything out, or don’t tell us the truth, your claim might end up being rejected.
Stay safe on the roads, South Africa. Your safety is our concern, always.