“Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the king’s horses and all the king’s men
Couldn’t put Humpty together again”
Let’s get one thing straight, King Price would never leave you in pieces. That being said, we could only offer dear old Humpty our full support if he provided us with the right information for an insurance claim.
Whether you’re involved in a car accident or your home contents are destroyed, knowing what to do can make applying for a claim much easier. Fortunately, when incidents happen, there are just 3 simple things you need to do. So take a deep breath, gather your thoughts and…
- Call 0860 55 55 23
We suggest saving this number into your phone, but we hope that you never really need to use it.
Before you call, be aware that there are a few important reporting restrictions to remember. For instance:
- Hi-jackings, thefts and car accidents should be disclosed within 24 hours.
- Other personal items you claim compensation for should be announced no more than 30 days later.
- Any repairs and replacements required must be completed within 3 months of your claim being settled.
Furthermore, if you’re ever in a car accident, it’s our duty to arrange a tow service for you. Under no circumstances should you let a rogue bakkie driver named ‘Frik’ take your ride. With one call, we can take care of everything.
- Notify the cops
Alerting the authorities about what happened is vital, because King Price requires legal documentation and statements regarding the event that only they can supply.
These papers include:
- The police report
- Case number
- Officer’s statement and details
- Any other relevant information
- Gather the necessary documents
Be 1 step ahead of the game and speed up your insurance claim process by having these documents ready too:
- A list of stolen items (in the event of a robbery)
- Details of third parties and witnesses, if applicable
- Pictures of the incident
- A King Price accident report form
Incorrect details, incorrect cover
So let’s get back to Humpty. He was just sitting on a wall, minding his own business when – Boom! His life changed, literally shattered into pieces and no one could help him. What did he do wrong? Honestly, it could be a number of things, such as:
- Not reading through his King Price Policy Document (KPPD) thoroughly
- Providing the wrong information, therefore not being insured properly
- Waiting too long to issue his claim
- Becoming intoxicated, behaving recklessly and admitting his guilt
- Calling the incorrect number
One step ahead
By knowing your policy back to front before you apply for an insurance claim, you can’t be caught by surprise. It’s also an excellent idea to contact one of our consultants to verify what’s covered and not covered by the king in your existing policy.