King Price Insurance are growing at a rapid rate and need a clever, quirky word wizard to join their team to provide creative copy for internal and customer-facing communications.
The fun, funky ‘new kid’ on the insurance block with super cheap premiums that decrease monthly, based on the depreciating values of our clients’ cars. We’re down-to-earth, compassionate, proudly South African and, at times, just a little bit cheeky.
We love being disruptive, innovative and out of the box. Our marketing budget is just a fraction of what our competitors can spend (because we don’t like spending cash our clients could be saving)… And so we need a team who can think tactically and intelligently. We have a few BIG projects in the wings, and we need a talented, self-motivated word wizard who can hit the ground running.
We have one of the coolest offices this side of the N1. If you like foosball tables, ping pong tournaments, bobble-head collections, massive graffiti murals, free popcorn and slush-puppy Thursdays, food carts that come to your desk, free ice cream in Summer, endless staff parties and dress-up competitions… And a wild, weird collection of teammates who feel more like family than colleagues, then you’ve come to the right place.
A creative spirit who has a way with words, a great sense of humour, and a meticulous eye for detail. You have a positive attitude and the heart of a Disney princess. You sing when you’re stressed and do the ‘good-mood’ boogie at your desk when you’re down.
You are agile, unsinkable, and can improvise on your feet like a world-class tap dancer. You have experience writing across a range of media and can crunch copy on everything from mailers to flyers, from T-shirt slogans to full-page print ads. One hour deadlines don’t phase you, and you’re confident enough to suggest a better way of doing things when you see the opportunity. But wait, there’s more… You also have the patience of a saint and can simplify complex concepts in a snap. Sound like you? Great!
- Report to the marketing team and work closely with the social media and digital marketing teams to define and uphold the King Price brand across all media.
- Have a good understanding of SEO copywriting, social media best practice and sales-focused messaging techniques.
- Be responsible for accepting briefs from throughout the business for a variety of copy-related requirements.
- Be responsible for generating/editing all internal communications across the business: internal magazines, intranet posts, staff campaigns, etc.
- Be responsible for generating all digital content: social media posts, blog posts, PPC adverts, banners, etc.
- Be responsible for generating client-facing communications: SMSs, emailers, flyers, full-page adverts, etc.
- Be familiar with the copywriting requirements and restrictions of an insurance company (BONUS).
- Be responsible for proofreading, editing and simplifying legal documents and policy wording so that the language and principles contained therein can be easily read and understood by everyone.
- Have experience working with WordPress CMS, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Google Analytics (BONUS) and the usual suspects from Microsoft Office.
- Be willing to research and suggest new, innovative ways of reaching our audiences while sticking to our budget.
- Attend meetings, brainstorms and company-sponsored events.
- Know at least 5 excellent ‘knock-knock’ jokes to break the ice in your first week.
As this is an internal role, you will not be expected to adapt your writing to different tones, styles and voices, but you will be expected to know the King Price brand style like the back of your hand…
Wow… When did that scratch get there?
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a copywriter in an agency, or as part of a marketing team, preferably with an insurance or financial services background.
- Awesome examples of relevant copywriting work that you can send along with your CV. (Seriously though… Please don’t send an essay you wrote about your aunt’s parrot back in Standard 5. We’re glad your aunty liked it, but we’re looking for a fat, meaty portfolio full of great work that we can eat for lunch, and still have leftovers for breakfast).
- At least 3 contactable references who can attest to your work ethic and writing abilities.
- Your own transport.
To apply send your CV to email@example.com