You can cover the following under our ‘Office contents’ section:
- Office contents.
- Rent and alternative premises.
- Legal liability (documents).
- Increased cost of working.
Your office contents are covered against:
- Fire, lightning or thunderbolt, subterranean fire or explosion.
- Storm, wind, water, hail or snow.
- Earthquake (excluding underground workings of any mine).
- Impact by animals, trees, aerials, satellite dishes, or cars.
- Aircraft damage and other aerial devices or items dropped from them.
- Accidental damage/breakage of mirror glass, plate glass tops to furniture, or fixed glass which forms part of any item of furniture.
- Intentional acts.
Rent and alternative premises
In terms of rent you’re covered for the amount you would’ve received during the time it takes to make the building habitable again, the part of the building that’s actually tenanted and a maximum of 25% of the sum insured.
In terms of alternative premises you’re covered for the actual rental amount payable by you during the time it takes to make the building habitable again and a maximum of 25% of the sum insured.
You’re covered against the loss of, or damage to, documents due to any incident that’s not specifically excluded.
You’re covered against legal liability to others, caused directly by the loss of, or damage to, documents, that you can claim for under ‘Documents’.
Increased cost of working
You’re covered against:
- Alteration and misdescription.
- Load shedding power surges.
- Malicious damage.
- Prevention of access: Rent.
- The actions of tenants.
You’re also covered for:
- Capital additions.
- Demolition and clearing costs.
- Fire extinguishing charges.
- Reinstatements and replacements.
- Temporary repairs.
- Removing property temporarily.
As well as loss, or damage to:
- Money, stamps, documents manuscripts, plans, business books, designs, patterns, models and moulds, computer system records and media.
- Skeleton keys.
- Your, your directors’, members’, employees’ belongings and tools.
- Locks and keys.
- New and additional premises.