Healthy tips for the frequent business traveller
Conquering the business world 1 business trip at a time? Good for you! Here in our kingdom, we’re big believers in home-grown entrepreneurs and how they have the power to rock our economy into a positive existence. You guys are seriously the backbone of our economy and we salute the long hours, the sacrifice, all the times you had to decide not to be with family or friends, all the sunsets you missed, and of course… All the risks that you took to get started, which we can help you with (more on that later).
Of course, there are some amazing benefits to running your own gig. Like being your own boss, deciding your own hours, deciding on your company values and delivering on those to your customers. It might even mean that get to embark on business travel, which sounds glamorous… And it can be. But it can also be a little tough on the old body. Given that you’re the life and soul of your empire, it’s super important that you’re at the top of your game, and business travel can play havoc with your health.
We’ve actually found 6 ways in which your health suffers from regular business travel, which we’ve jotted down for you. Don’t get too down in the dumps about it, because we’ve also found a few ways to help you feel as good as a 20-year-old after a wonderful night’s sleep. Remember sleep?
Ways your health suffers from business travel:
- Memory loss: Chronic jet lag can cause cognitive impairment, so if you travel far enough over long periods of time, you could damage your memory.
- Expanding waistlines: Time away from the gym + plane and airport food and beverages = weight gain. Those little airplane drinkies don’t help either.
- More wrinkles: Frequent flying can lead to chronic jet lag, which is linked to disrupting gene expression that influences aging, so more travel could give you wrinkles.
- Radiation: Frequent flyers can be exposed to high amounts of radiation, so for example if you do 7 New York to Tokyo round trips a year, you’ll go over official radiation limits.
- A weaker immune system: Jet lag effects your immune system which causes you to get sick.
- More stress: Jet lag can affect your mood, judgment, and concentration for up to 6 days.
The king has your back
Racking up frequent flyer miles has obvious benefits, but if you don’t take care of your body you could seriously harm your overall health. For instance, you could pack healthy snacks, add in a few supplements, and stick to water during your trips. You could even download a fitness app that you can use in your away-from-home accommodation and a meditation app to help you calm your mind.
These small changes will help you avoid weight gain, improve your body’s ability to fight off germs, help you cope with disrupted circadian rhythms, and more. Another thing that will help you keep the old stress levels down is managing your business’ risk.
That’s where the king steps in. You’d be surprised at just how many businesses in South Africa are unprotected when it comes to insurance… And you’re not wrong to be worried, because in today’s economic and litigious environment even the smallest set-up faces risks. That’s why we’ve created an insurance product that protects your business against many different risks simultaneously, offering compensation in the event of destruction, interference, or other threats.
So talk to us. Call us on 0860 21 00 00 or click here for a super cheap quote today.