0860 50 50 50

or leave your info below and we'll call you back!

Car Insurance Quotes
21Jan 2015

I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man

If you’re someone whose job requires spending a lot of time in your car, and on the road, then your day is distinctly different from the people who clock in and stay at their desk for their daily 9-5…. Which means that so are your car insurance needs.

You see, what with all that wheeling and deal-sealing around town, you need a little more protection on the road than your desk-bound buddies.

Thankfully, the king has always got you covered, so no matter whether you’re meeting clients or dropping off your wares, we can make sure that you are completely insured while you’re bringing home the bacon.

Mmmmm….. Bacon.

Where was I? Oh, right….

Depending on how often you use your car for work, there are a couple of different options that are available from King Price for your car insurance needs:

Private use: This means you use the car for just private or social purposes, including driving between your home and regular place of work…. And to the shops, your mom, your friends, paintballing tournaments…. You get the idea.

Full business use: While this includes private use, it also covers your car for any business activities. You should insure your car for full business use if your car is an important part of doing your job.

HOWEVER: King Price doesn’t offer cover for cars that are used for commercial use (e.g. if you have a courier service, pizza delivery, etc.). You’ll need to get a commercial (i.e. business insurance) policy for that.

Occasional business use: Like the name suggests, this option covers private use with additional cover for the limited use of your car for business purposes, such as buying stock once a month or making weekly deliveries.

Should you insure your car for business use with the king, the regular driver, the policy holder and his or her spouse will all be covered for business use. So if, for example, your son is the regular driver, but you are the policy holder; you, your son, and your husband or wife can all use the car for business use.

Pretty cool, huh?

A good rule of thumb is that, if you are making between 10-12 business trips a month, you should rather insure your car for full business use.

This will ensure that you and your car have the full protection you need to cover you on the road to success. It will also help to make sure you don’t have any problems should you need to make a claim.

If you need to upgrade your current car insurance policy with the king to occasional or full business use, just drop us an email at

If you don’t have car insurance with the king yet, what are you waiting for? Click here to leave your details with us and we’ll call you back with a quick quote.