Is your home disaster covered by the king?

Your teenagers host a rager and completely trash your house while you’re away… And although you might consider this a disaster, you’re not necessarily covered for this by your insurance.

Here’s what you need to know about what the King covers, so that you don’t have a surprise coming your way (besides your trashed house of course).


The king covers you for:

The loss of, or damage to, your buildings caused by:

  • If your pyromaniac of an ex-girlfriend decides to set your house ablaze, the king will be there to pick up the pieces.
  • This, however, doesn’t mean you should do all your crazy chemical experiments in the basement.
  • Natural occurrences like wind, lightning, hail, flood, snow or earthquake (again, this does not include your teenagers).
  • Malicious damage.
  • Animals (excluding the damaged caused by your own friendly felines and canines).
  • Aircraft and any articles dropped from them.
  • .. So if your drunken neighbour decides to park his car in your lounge, the king’s got you covered.
  • Falling trees. But this does not apply to trees being felled. So if you decide to fell a tree, rather have professionals take care of it and avoid an accident.
  • Power surges and dips. So, in other words, the king has you covered during load shedding.
  • Theft and other intentional acts.

Also check this blog post to learn about the firm that provides flood water removal and building restoration services. It is always wise to be aware of the various options one has at hand.

The loss or damage of geysers and water pipes including:


  • Leaking, bursting or overflowing of water heating systems (which includes geysers, solar water heating systems and boilers), water supply tanks, cisterns and pressurised water pipes that form a permanent part of the building.
  • Other immovable structures, fixtures, fittings and improvements (such as ceilings, carpets and cupboards), damaged in the same incident, are covered up to the maximum amount noted on your policy schedule.
  • The king does not cover sewerage pipes.
  • However, you can contact an expert emergency plumber in Gladesville to get help with your damaged pipes and taps.


The accidental damage of:


  • Fixed glass and sanitary ware (unless the building is unoccupied).
  • Water, gas, electricity and/or telephone connections or pipes between the building and the public supply, or mains for which you’re responsible.
  • The king doesn’t cover for the accidental damage to any other items. Like throwing your teenager’s iPod into the pool.


There are some events that are even beyond the King’s all-covering power. If you’re still not sure if you’re covered for your disaster read through your King Price Policy Document or call us on 0860 50 50 50 and we’ll give you the royal treatment.