New position as Software Developer
Be part of a growing organization that insists that, if work isn’t fun then you’re doing it wrong. They’re the ‘cool kid’ of the financial services sector with Google-style offices, loads of perks and ‘family values’ that drive everything they do.
The IT team is young, dynamic and passionate. There’s no room for old-school and ‘legacy’ is a swear word. The company’s entire line of business systems is developed in-house on new tech, by shiny happy people.
We are looking for a Software Developer with 8+ years’ experience within an environment using SCRUM as methodology.
- A large amount of awesome
- 8+ years of relevant development experience
- Good database understanding
- Exposure to financial transaction processing systems is a must
- Integration of a transaction processing system with third-party systems such as other transaction processing systems, premium calculation modules, accounting systems (SYSPRO)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience within the short-term insurance industry is a must
- A relevant IT degree or diploma
- Excellent communication skills
Your responsibilities will be (but aren’t limited to):
- Being the person your dog thinks you are
- Participating in all SCRUM ceremonies
- Developing new features/processes within the Financial stream
- Performing code reviews to ensure application meets development standards
- Maintaining and deploying development environments for your squad
- Ensure automated unit/integration tests are developed and executed as part of the CI/CD process
- System support
- System maintenance and defect resolution
- Closely collaborating with the test analyst, to verify and resolve defects
- Working with external development teams to deliver new application functionality
- Participating in roll-outs and go-live activities
If you feel that you are up for the challenge and want to become part of an awesome team, please upload your details here: https://www.kingprice.co.za/about/submit-your-cv/ and choose Information Technology from the drop down.