0860 21 00 00

or leave your info below and we'll call you back

Car Insurance Quotes

Motor traders insurance: External

When your motor stock isn't on your premises… The king's got you covered

In a nutshell

As your motor trading business grows, the risk of loss of, or damage to, your stock increases every time your motors leave the safety of your premises. That's why we offer cover for motors that form part of your stock, in any location away from your business premises.

Please note: The king covers all kinds of motors… Motorcycles or scooters; light commercial vehicles; medium commercial vehicles; heavy commercial vehicles; mobile, mechanically propelled plants; buses; trailers; and caravans.

  • Loss of, or damage to, any insured motor as stated on your policy schedule and its accessories or spare parts… If it occurs elsewhere than any of your business premises.
  • Securing and removal to nearest repairers.
  • Cost of delivery to you after repairs.
  • Liability to others: Accidental damage, death, or injury to third parties (caused by, or through connection with any motor stated on your policy schedule) occurring elsewhere than any premises owned or occupied by you.
  • Loss or damage while motors are in transit by sea or air.

Loss or damage to property

  • Due to depreciation, loss of use, wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown of the motor or accessories, failures, or breakages.
  • To tyres by application of brakes or by road punctures, cuts or bursts.
  • To springs or shock absorbers as a result of the unevenness of roads or other surfaces.
  • Due to consequential loss.
  • Due to defective workmanship or its consequences (while in or on the premises as stated on your policy schedule).
  • For more than the amount stated on your policy schedule regarding loss or damage to accessories not supplied by the manufacturers of the motor when new.
  • Property belonging to you, held in trust by you or in your custody or control.
  • Property being conveyed by, loaded onto, unloaded from or towed by the insured motor.
  • Liability covered by any legislation or another insurance contract.
  • Liability arising from the operation, demonstration or use tools of trade attached to the motor or anything manufactured by or contained in the tool (excluding forklifts).
  • Liability or damage to any viaduct bridge, weighbridge or road caused by vibration or the weight of the motor or the load it carries.
  • Liability from an incident not insured in this section.
  • Motors being towed (unless otherwise stated on your policy schedule).
  • Liability, loss or damage where the motor is used for purposes other than as stated on your policy schedule; is transporting hazardous goods or explosives; is used for racing or competition; or is used for any unauthorised purpose by an employee or a person with whom they are colluding.
  • Loss or damage incurred outside South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Mozambique (with conditions as stated on your policy schedule).
  • Liability, loss or damage when the motor isn't roadworthy, exceeds its carrying or towing capacity or the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, isn't licensed or doesn't have a Professional Driving Permit, has an endorsed licence or unlawfully leaves the scene of an accident.
  • Where the motor is in possession of another party who is selling it on your behalf (unless otherwise stated on your policy schedule).
  • Intentional damage caused by you, your principal, partner, director, employee or a member of your household or which occurs with your knowledge or consent.
  • Car hire.
  • Credit shortfall.
  • Legal liability of passengers for acts of negligence.
  • Loss of keys, sound equipment, parts and accessories.
  • Loss of use of customers' motors.
  • Riots and strikes.
  • Unauthorised use by employees.
  • Use for social, domestic and pleasure purposes.
  • Motors sold on your behalf (if stated on your policy schedule).

Why choose King Price

Best for your business and best for brokers

Proactive claims service

We have a team of claims specialists at your disposal, every step of the way. Our teams for underwriting, new business and claims are dedicated to delivering royal service to give you peace of mind cover. We keep you up to date and in the loop during the entire process.

Competitive premiums

Price is king, bottom line. And in business we understand that this is extra important. We also understand that your company is unique. You deserve the best possible premium with absolutely no compromise on the cover given... Same insurance cover, just cheaper.


Your business isn’t just a number. That's why our royal family aims to build a personal relationship with you. We do this by staying focused and showing real passion and enthusiasm in our business with you, your clients and the industry. This allows us to build a culture of promise, royal service and affordable cover.

Strong relationships

Your business is our business, and that's why we offer more than just insurance. We take your side and our partnerships very seriously. We believe in building an open, clear and honest relationship that enables the development of successful collaboration with our kingly clients.


As 1 of the fastest growing independent insurers, King Price has all the right connections to keep you connected to success. We're supported by the big guys, in the form of incredible investors and a staunch reinsurer. And, we always aim to deliver the best service to everyone… The big guys, the little guys, and you.

Rapid response

Time is money, and making money is your business. That's why King Price offers royal service in the blink of an eye. We service your needs with the right team, expertise and understanding… Without compromising on quality or value. As part of our family, you'll have royal service at your beck-and-call.

Get the cover your business deserves. Leave your name and number at the top of the page and 1 of our kingsmen will call you back as soon as you're available. You can also talk to your broker about getting cover that suits your business best.