In these terms and conditions, "we" "us" and "our" refers to King Price Insurance Company Ltd. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our service/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of South Africa only.
We reserve the right to amend this notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
- You're permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer or smartphone for your personal use only provided that you don't delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1978, you're not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website doesn't include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also doesn't permit you to meta tag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with a notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
Intellectual property rights
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we've a licence to use those materials.
- All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we've a licence to use them. Your access to our website doesn't license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called 'comments') which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we won't be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, by providing us with comments you agree that we are entitled to use your comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your comments.
- If you provide us with comments, you acknowledge that you're responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
- You're allowed to link to our website provided that you don't duplicate any page on this website. You may also not imply that we're endorsing any of your services unless we've reached an agreement.
- You're not allowed to publish any false information about us.
- You're not allowed to place a link on a website that's not your property.
- We reserve absolute the right to request a removal of a link if we deem the website to be inappropriate, or for any other reason whatsoever.
- We've taken all reasonable steps to ensure the uptime of our website. There will be downtime from time to time however, due to maintenance and upgrade issues. We won't be liable if the website becomes unavailable for any reason. Where possible we'll provide warnings for planned downtime.
- While we take all due care in providing our services, we don't provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we're not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
- Upon entering your personal details on this website we reserve the right to call you telephonically. This applies to all the relevant quotations and/or other links.
- A quote generated through this website will constitute neither an automated transaction nor an irrevocable offer.
Limitation of liability
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we've supplied.
- By accessing and/or engaging with our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in South Africa and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we don't warrant and can't ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us on any platform or through any medium whatsoever is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner as prescribed by any legislation et al.
- We make use of encryption and Secure Socket Layer certificates to protect your data. No personal information is stored on our web servers or accessible on this server.
Refer a friend
So, you've referred a friend... Here's what happens next.
We'll deduct up to R500 from your premium if:
- The friend you’ve referred signs up and pays 1 full premium.
- All your premiums are up to date.
- Your policy’s active.
- The amount we'll pay for a successful referral is R500, unless your monthly premium is less than R500. In this case, we'll pay your premium amount.
- 1 x successful referral = 1 x premium deduction.
- We'll pay the referral amount 30 days after we receive 1 full premium from your friend.
- We'll send you an SMS when the referred friend pays the first premium.
You warrant that the person you've referred has given their permission for you to share their info with us, and for us to call them. You hereby indemnify and hold us harmless against any claim, damage or loss which may arise as a result of any failure of this warranty.
- King Price has partnered with Secura in order to access Secura's network of sub-contracted emergency and armed response service providers, so that we can provide code red panic assist via the King Price app to anyone who's registered for code red, subject to their up-to-date payment of the agreed premium.
- By registering to use code red, it's understood that you've accepted these T's and C's, and agree to be bound by them.
Start date, renewal and cancellation
- The start date is the date when you download our app, register for code red, accept these T's and C's, and pay your first monthly or pro rata premium.
- Please click here to refer to the ‘Things you need to know' section in our King Price Policy Document (or KPPD, as we like to call it) for payment and cancellation details.
How code red works
- If you feel physically threatened, open up our app and tap on ‘Code red: Tap and hold'.
- The code red control room will dispatch the closest linked armed response car to your GPS location, and will then call you to confirm the activation and request additional emergency services, like the police or an ambulance, if necessary.
- The control room and all responding cars will automatically receive your relevant ID and personal info.
- You're not covered for any costs levied by any emergency service that's dispatched as a result of you activating code red.
For code red to work:
- You must install the King Price app onto your smartphone, and can do so by clicking here. For Apple devices, the app requires iOS version 8.1 and above. For Android devices, the app requires Android 4.4 and above.
- On our app, you must read and accept the T's and C's, and then register for code red.
- Your phone must be GPS-enabled, and your phone's location must always be on.
- We may verify this location info with your network service provider if necessary.
- You must have data on your phone, and this is for your account. Your service provider's standard data rates will apply.
By accepting these T's and C's you:
- Allow your network service provider, King Price, and the sub-contracted emergency and armed response service providers to access the location (GPS) info sent by your phone.
- Acknowledge that code red is only available within South Africa. You're covered in all major metros and sub-metros and many outlying areas. It's your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these areas, and you can do so by clicking here or checking the King Price app. Code red services are only available in these areas and we're not obliged to respond to code red activations in any other areas.
- Agree that we can collect, store and analyse data from your phone, arising from your use of code red. Location data from your cellphone will be gathered and securely transmitted to our data storage facility, where it'll be securely stored. This data will be used for lawful and valid reasons, primarily to provide code red services to you.
The nitty gritty
- For now, only you're covered but we're working on extending this cover to members of your household.
- You have unlimited access and can activate code red as many times as you need to, provided that you don't abuse the service.
- By subscribing to, and using, code red, you give consent for us, Secura, and all sub-contracted emergency and armed response service providers, to access your personal info and location via your phone's location service, when you activate code red.
- Code red aims to provide support, if possible, in circumstances where you feel physically threatened. It isn't intended to reduce any physical threat to you and shouldn't be viewed as a preventative measure.
- We can't guarantee response times, or access to and availability of, responding cars and services.
- The Secura armed response network is PSIRA-registered (Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority).
- King Price, and our holding companies, affiliates, service providers, sister companies, and our respective shareholders, directors, employees and agents, have no liability to you or any other party for any injury, death, loss, expense, cost or damage that may be incurred or suffered, whether directly, indirectly or consequential, from your usage of code red or any non-availability of code red services.
- You indemnify King Price, and our holding companies, affiliates, service providers, sister companies, and our respective shareholders, directors, employees and agents, and keep indemnified parties harmless at all times, against all injury, death, liability, loss (including consequential loss), cost and damage that may be suffered by you or any third party, that arises from or in connection with code red, whether or not these can be attributed to any act or omission of the indemnified parties, negligent or otherwise.
- Use of the King Price app and the related products and services is governed by, and construed in all respects in accordance with, the laws of South Africa, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- Use of the King Price app, or the info, products and services available on the app, is at your own risk.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, King Price accepts no liability relating to any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from the info on the King Price app, your use of the app, or any resulting actions or transactions, even if we've been advised of the possibility of such loss, expense, claim or damage.
- King Price makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, as to the operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the King Price app, or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any info obtained from the app.
- King Price makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the products, info or files available on the King Price app are free of viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code that's able to corrupt, compromise or jeopardise the operation or content of operating systems, a computer system, computer network or your hardware or software. You accept all risks associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials and any other data or code.
- King Price accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions on the King Price app.
- King Price may, at our discretion and at any time, suspend or terminate the operation of the King Price app or any of the products or services provided on the app, without prior notice.
- Every clause of this agreement is severable from the others including the section headings. The section headings have been inserted for convenience and won't be taken into consideration in the interpretation of the clauses. If 1 or more of the clauses are invalid, it doesn't mean the entire doc is invalid. The other clauses will still be valid and apply.
Sharing of info
- We recognise the importance of protecting your personal info and your right to having your personal info kept private.
We define ‘personal info' as all info that's specific to yourself and that's provided to us via our app or any other channel. This includes, but isn't limited to:
- Info that's provided to us in the course of our business.
- Your name and surname.
- Your RSA identity number or date of birth.
- Your contact details and email address.
- You must ensure that we always have your correct and up-to-date info.
- We've the highest regard for the privacy of our clients and will only use your personal info if required to provide the products and services you've requested.
- We'll use your info to positively identify you when you contact us, to detect fraud, and for direct marketing purposes.
By installing and using our app, you agree that we may send you promotional material and info that we think may interest you, also that we may contact you to quote you. If, at any time, you decide that you don't want us to contact you, please just let us know by emailing
[email protected] or calling
0860 50 50 50.
- We value the info that you give us, and we take reasonable steps to protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorised alteration. The info that we maintain is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure privacy and confidentiality.
- We use state of the art tech and encryption to prevent any unauthorised access to your info. We keep up with the latest global developments in security tech to ensure that your transactions with us are adequately secured and protected at all times. You must always keep your personal info, account numbers and app log-in details secret.
- We retain all the info that we need to carry out our business activities, for an indefinite period for historical, statistical and research purposes. We've safeguards to ensure that this info isn't used for any other purpose.
We may disclose your personal info:
- If a regulatory authority asks for it.
- To comply with any relevant regulation or legal process.
- To enforce and protect our rights, property and intellectual property.
- If we've a legitimate interest to do so.
- If you've expressly authorised us to do so.
- If we undergo a change in ownership.
- Please ensure that you've read and understood the clauses relating to privacy before you give us your personal info.
Client consent provisions
Data protection policy
- We may, at our discretion and at any time, amend or add to these T's and C's. On doing so, this document will be updated, and you'll be notified.
- If you don't agree with the amendments, and you don't let us know about your intention to end the agreement and continue to use code red, we'll assume that you've accepted the amended T's and C's.
- Unless we say otherwise, the most recent version of these T's and C's will replace all previous versions.