You’re covered against unforeseen and sudden physical damage to your property (caused by an incident which isn’t specifically excluded), while it’s on the premises.
This damage must occur while the machinery is at work or at rest, or being dismantled or re-erected for the purpose of cleaning, inspection, repair, overhaul, removal to another position within the premises, or in the course of these operations.
The damage must also be caused by, but isn’t restricted to:
- Defects in casting or material.
- Faulty design.
- Faults at workshop or in erection.
- Bad workmanship, lack of skill or carelessness.
- Shortage of water in boilers.
- Physical explosion.
- Tearing apart on account of centrifugal force.
- Short circuit.
- Any other cause not specifically excluded.